*Incidents Involving Animals:*
*Managing Risk and Meeting Societal Needs Conference*
October 21-22, 2017 in Davis, California
Dear Colleague, The British Animal Rescue and Trauma Care Association (BARTA) is holding this year's conference in partnership with UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine.
We are gearing up for a great event and would like to extend a very warm welcome to you and your colleagues/members as we continue to develop a growing community of people who are planning and preparing for incidents involving animals.
Advance ticket rates open through September 15 whova.com/portal/registration/udbci_201710
Key benefits of attending this year’s conference
- Check in on progress since the conference in Prague 2015
- Collaborate with the international animal rescue community
- Learn about latest innovation and research efforts for incidents involving animals
- Bring ideas and discuss relevant topics with colleagues
- Maintain the profile of dealing with the animal component of emergencies
- Support agencies and communities in developing local initiatives
- Socialize with friends and colleagues with Western BBQ and Californian wine tasting!
- Be part of the journey!
Whether emergency responder, veterinarian, county or state animal rescue team member; animal control, welfare society or local authority with responsibility for developing county emergency plans - if your role involves interacting with animals in any way, there is something for you in California 2017!
Jim Green, Director, British Animal Rescue and Trauma Care Association
Claudia Sonder, DVM, Director of Outreach, Center for Equine Health, UC Davis